Focus Motor for SCT And EDGE HD
- The Celestron Focus Motor enables electronic focusing using a computer or Celestron computerized mount hand controller for remote/hands-free observing.
- Self-powering: When connected to a Celestron computerized mount, the mount provides the power. When connected directly to a computer, USB provides the power.
- Compatible with a wide variety of Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain, EdgeHD, and Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph optical tubes. Check description for full list.
- Motor controls include multiple speed rates, automatic GoTo indexed focuser position, and focuser backlash compensation.
- Focuser Utility software for Windows provides a simple user interface. Also compatible with Celestron PWI.
- Enables autofocusing with a camera and third-party software via ASCOM.
- Indexed focus position allows the motor to automatically return to a previous focus position and prevents the focus motor from reaching the end of telescope’s mechanical focus travel.
- Now compatible with the 9.25” EdgeHD.
Out of stock
- Free domestic shipping
- 7 day return policy on UAE orders.
- Discounted intl. shipping rates. Request a Quote
The Focus Motor provides electronic focusing for Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain (SCT), EdgeHD, and RASA telescope optical tubes. With the focus motor installed, you can bring celestial objects into sharp, precise focus using your telescope’s hand controller or a computer instead of using the focuser knob. A focus motor is great for visual observers who want to dial in exact focus (especially those with dexterity issues) and a must-have accessory for astroimagers. With a motorized focuser installed, an astroimager no longer needs to be physically near the telescope to focus an image. Combined with computerized control of the mount and camera, the focus motor enables the imager to gather data remotely from a backyard observatory, or even a telescope located hundreds of miles away. As an added bonus, port covers protect the ports while not in use, and the covers cannot be lost due to the tethered design.
|Motor:||DC servo motor|
|Spur gears:||Brass, 1:1 gear ratio, 35.2mm diameter, 42 teeth|
|Focuser shaft coupler:||Aluminum clamping sleeve|
|Microprocessor:||NXP Kinetis series, Arm Coretex-M4 core|
|AUX port power:||Powered by Celestron computerized mount AUX port, connecting cable supplied|
|USB port power:||USB3 or USB2 providing at least 900mA|
|DC jack power:||12V DC, 1A, 5.5mm/2.1mm tip positive plug|
|Compatibility:||All SCTs produced after 2006 except 5″ SCT, all EdgeHD, RASA 8″, RASA 36cm, 7″ Mak-Cass|
|Speed rates:||8°/sec , 32°/sec , 128°/sec|
|Focuser Steps per Revolution:||1000 steps|
|Weight:||15 oz (.42 kg)|
|Dimensions||16 × 11.5 × 12.5 cm|