- Celestron’s top-performing altazimuth telescope system, the CPC Deluxe HD is a favorite among experienced amateur astronomers and the preferred telescope of the late Stephen Hawking
- 8-inch EdgeHD optical tube provides stunning views and sharp astroimages free of visual defects
- NexStar+ hand control and internal GPS guides users through the simple SkyAlign setup and features a 40,000+ object database
- Sturdy dual fork arm mount with upgraded gears and motors anchors the telescope for superior tracking and pointing accuracy
- Ready for serious astroimaging, CPC Deluxe HD features All-Star Polar Alignment and Permanently Programmable Periodic Error Correction when equipped with the HD Pro Wedge
- 8” EdgeHD optics
- CGEM II computerized equatorial mount
- Celestron’s premium StarBright XLT coatings provide maximum light transmission
- A 9×50 finderscope, 1.25” mirror diagonal for more comfortable viewing, and 1.25” 40 mm Plössl eyepiece are all included
- 8” EdgeHD optical tube provides superb visual and astro-imaging performance, free of coma and field curvature.
- Rechargeable lithium-iron phosphate battery with enough power for 10 hours of continuous observing.
- Built-in WiFi—no hand control required! Use your smartphone or tablet to connect to the telescope via WiFi.
- StarSense AutoAlign aligns your telescope automatically and works with the SkyPortal app for complete wireless control.
- Fastar/HyperStar compatible so you can image deep sky objects in seconds at f/2, often eliminating the need to autoguide or track on a wedge.
- Celestron NexStar Evolution 8HD Telescope mount is packed with convenient features like manual release clutches and precision machined worm gears for both axes, a USB charge port, tray lighting for your accessories, and more.
- Accessories included: 40mm & 13mm Plössl (1.25″), Visual back (1.25”), StarPointer Pro™ finderscope, StarSense AutoAlign, and a 1.25″ star diagonal.
- The world’s most beloved telescope! The classic, 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain revolutionized amateur astronomy in the 1970s. Now, the iconic “orange tube” design is updated with all the latest features to provide the best stargazing experience for beginners and experienced observers alike.
- Large, 8-inch aperture with excellent light-gathering ability provides spectacular views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects like the Whirlpool Galaxy and Hercules Globular Cluster.
- Fully automated, GoTo mount with database of 40,000+ celestial objects automatically locates and tracks objects for you.
- SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily align your telescope on any three bright objects.
- Unique single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly.
- 8” (203.2mm) f/10 EdgeHD includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- EdgeHD optical design fully corrects for coma and field curvature, delivering a truly flat field
- The most compact and portable of Celestron’s German equatorial mounts offers the same rigidity as our larger mounts with minimal flexure and an improved industrial design
- Holds a maximum instrument capacity of 30 lb
- Every feature an astroimager wants: PEC, an autoguider port, the ability to image across the meridian, and more
- Dual saddle plate is compatible with narrow CG-5 dovetails and wider CGE dovetail. Also compatible with Vixen format dovetails longer than 100mm, but not compatible with Losmandy D format plates.
- Latitude range allows the mount to perform between 7° and 77° latitude
- Accessories include a 40mm eyepiece, 1.25” star diagonal and 9×50 finderscope